AF is 5 days late???

I was supposed to start on Mon. 28th I took a FRER that day BFN... I haven't tested again DH said to wait until I'm at least a week late..(I guess he's sick of me being dissappointed every time I test) I have no symptoms besides cramps. They aren't strong like I'm used to, I generally have very intense menstral cramping. I have NEVER been more than a day late.. Sooo what gives? Why no symptoms? Did I test too soon? DH and I have been trying for 10 months so I'm getting really excited! I know I shouldn't but I do every month anyway haha.

ameliaduncan

Asked by ameliaduncan at 4:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Not sure what to tell you, all I know is that the month of February threw off all my expected dates to get my period...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I had absolutely no symptoms, besides a vacation from AF, with my DD until 18 weeks. Then the only symptom I had was feeling her move and getting bigger. Lol. GL!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• juss wait dont get all excited and disappoint yourself....wait some more time and then take a test if still nothing...you might be pregnant just tested to soon.
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thank you all for responding. I know I shouldn't get excited. I will just test again on Mon. hopefully I'm not dissappointed.
    ameliaduncan

Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Test again on Monday and maybe call the Dr and let them know what's going. They may do a blood pregnancy test. GL!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Hi there...just a couple of Questions and hopefully a helpful response to your question:

First, I am happy to hear that someones AF (evil witch) is MIA. I read somewhere that you have to give your system a few days to build HCG back up before testing again. So your DH does have to right ticket. Also are you using first morning urine? There is nothing wrong with building your hopes up, just don't allow yourself to be so let down if the test come out negative, because a BFP is going to happen!

BurpleNurples

Answer by BurpleNurples at 6:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Some reasons your test may have come out negative, are because of dialuted urine, HCG has to build up (might not have been enough on 3/28). Some ladies just don't get a BFP on urine HPT's, maybe you might want to schedule a bool test at your ob/gyn's office. Hope I gave you some good advice. Stay motivated and excited girlfriend!! SSBD to you and to all of those TTC!!!

Sorry...too long for 1 post. kmsl
    BurpleNurples

Answer by BurpleNurples at 6:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I did use FMU but it was on the day I was supposed to start so I think I must have tested too soon... If I get another BFN on Monday I will go straight to my doctor for a blood test. Thank you all for your imput! I really appriciate it :)
    ameliaduncan

Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i was suppose to start march 26th.. and it never came.. but a week in a half b4 i was suppose to start i had spotted brown discharge that lasted for 4 days.. so if u really want to know go get blood work done... i still haven't tested cuz i'm hoping my AF shows up soon
    army_wife2010

Answer by army_wife2010 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I was going to take a test on Monday morning but AF decided to show up at about 5:30am Monday. I was so sure! I was a week late, that has never happend. I don't know I guess we will just keep trying...
    ameliaduncan

Comment by ameliaduncan (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2011