Diet pills.

Anyone know of any diet pills that work? I'm looking for something that I can take that will keep me from eating all the time, and will help me lose some weight before my wedding in June! Thx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've used Fastine (the phentermine part of phe/fen.) Always under doctor supervision. It does work. I makes me kind of jittery, but I lost weight quickly. If you don't change your eating habits and exercise, you will gain the weight back. I changed my lifestyle, and kept the weight off for 5 years (until I got pregnant with my 2nd and then quickly with my 3rd sons....)
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That's Fastin, not Fastine!!
    ohwrite

• they don't work eat less helps
    i have lost over 250lbs eat less also climbing stairs
    once in size 22 now in size 14 and at 53 i look great in my skinny jeans
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Abdominal cuts helped me to eat less. I wasn't as hungry and would then eat smaller portions.
    It doesn't have caffeine so it won't make you jittery or anything.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• diet pills are dangerous. Long term effects aren't tested before FDA approval....and then they eventually get pulled for causing liver damage/failure, kidney damage/failure, stroke, heart attack, etc etc. No pill now is worth dying a few years down the line. Eat a healthy diet of fruit, veggies, lean protein and whole grains and exercise.....that's all anyone needs
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Take a walk, not a pill. You'll get better results and won't be risking your health.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I never used it but Allie is FDA approved.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I just started a 90 day challenge to lose weight yesterday I'm trying to lose 40 lbs in 90 days have you ever heard of Visalus? You can check out more details at this website:

http://MySuccessatHome.info

Let me know if you have any questions :-)

Linda

Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 11:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• AnasMommy7, like I said, FDA doesn't mean long term effects have been studied. Did you know that last year it was all over the news that Alli was linked to causing liver damage and failure....yet it's still on store shelves.

Remember with the H1N1 scare that once the vaccine came out so many here on cafemom and in the country refused to take it or have their children take it because "It hasn't been tested enough" Well that didn't stop it from getting to the public. The same principal goes towards pills.....they say "Immediate results show no dangerous side effects" but they never test the long term effects because there is such a push to get new drugs out there. So in most cases you don't find out it's too late untill you see people suffering fatal effects.

Look at Phen-Fen and Meridia. its now linked to 29 deaths and 100's of serious side effects and banned, yet you can still buy it online, EWWWW
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2011