I want a Freakin Job?

I went to our local Mcdonalds yesterday to apply and and was told that someone would get back to me. I don't understand I know I have been in Retail/ Customer Service for the past 18 years and maybe because i have made more than there starting wage, but right know i don't care i just want a job to take care of my family....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• join the club,,,,,,,it is so hard in this economy to find a job,,,,,,,,,,hate it!!!!.......an idea,,,,,,go to your local school cafeteria .....9.oo an hour, but you can help serve,,,,,,,,,,,and its only 4 hours a day ,,they always need help
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my kids school district put on a hiring freeze.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• In our town, I see all the signs of for people hiring. The key to any getting a job is persistence, being that one person who calls at least every day. And also putting in more applications at more than one place. You are not the only person applying for that job, employers have to review applications. I have never known anyone to get hired on the spot. Looking for a job is a full time job. If someone expects to get hired by filling out one application and then waiting around for that company to call you back, it's not going to happen. Now if you call back and they have to pull out you're application, it increases your chances of being hired. Employers makes notes of those who are serious about finding a job. There are those who are unemployement and do the bare minimum. That employer doesn't know if you are one of those or not.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 9:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I have put in Apps all over also applied online.I have called most places at least once a week with no calls retun especially to Walmart.....I have always gotten a call to either say not interested,not hiring or somthing.I understand alot of people are looking for work But to call a place for 3 months and not get a responce is a little much......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• really a hring feeze? but dont they always need help for lunch? I sub and someoen is always on a v day or sick...
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• They have gotten the staff to fill-in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• wow,,,,,like what staff??? they need the teachers,,,,,,where is this district,,,,,Can you go to another? i just put in for 3 more districts
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• They have teacher asst, or sometimes people that help in the car line,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I am always looking for people to join my sales force. There is no starting fees, I've been running this company since 1997. If you would like more information, mysticmoongifts@yahoo.com
    Mystery2decor

Answer by Mystery2decor at 11:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Have you tried Walmart? They are usually needing a lot of people for the holidays and maybe they could keep you on? Where are you located? If you are near a mall, ask around at the kiosks.. They are not too bad to work for.. as we own several.. we would kill to find a great worker! Just get out there and pound the pavement. I used to take 1 block per day and hit every business handing out Resumes. Good Luck to you!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2008