When you were young did you ever go sledding on a cookie sheet or stock pot?

That is all we used, we never had the money for a real sled or toboggin. I always envied those who had one then but let me tell you, the cookie sheets and stock pot bring back some serious nostalgia. LOL

upintrees

Asked by upintrees at 9:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• nope but we used to rub waxed paper on the botton of our saucers and sleds....slides at the park too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• never thought about those but if we didn't have a slead we cleaned up a trash can lid
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• we used to use car hoods,we would pile atleast 10 people on at a time,I lived(and still do) where we have huge steep hills,gosh what fun we had as kids.we did'nt have much,so we used whatever,and had alot of kids in the neighborhood.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I never did. Sounds fun
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• lol...its hard to imagine my little butt was ever small enough to fit on a cookie sheet to sled, but I'm sure it was and my daughter would have a blast doing it. The plastic sleds and saucers are so cheap now that I will buy her one this year (she's just turning 3 and will love it). I'm actually kind of upset that I probably wont take her out as often as I should being that I'm due soon and will have to be inside with a newborn most of the time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Wow yeah, we used huge cookie sheets or garbage can lids!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No, but I saw a couple of kids who used McDonald's trays to ride down the slide in their play area. Dumb idea because a kid could have gotten hurt. The mom didn't do anything about it so I told them to stop because it's against the rules. The mom glared at me, but I didn't care.............
    Anonymous

• we used trash can lids one year...the year it actually snowed enough to sled in. Mt. Trashmore had been closed, because people kept running into trees and firehydrents, and someone got seriously injured, so where did we go? the side of the highway! you know where they will have those overpasses and you have that small "hill"? that's where we went. and we were followed by others! lol. others hooked a rope to their truck and drove (slowly, i might add) with their kids on the sled. that was a fun year...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yep, and trashcan lid, lol. We never had the money for a real sled and I always remembered being envious of others that did, but then again I know I went down hills mega fast on whatever I could find at home to sled down on. :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My Granddad used to take my Gramma's dryer apart and removed a big metal disk from the back for us to use. My Gramma never knew this, she just thought her dryer had an "attitude" and decided not to work every now and then. She's 98 and we still tease her about it.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2008