bowl movement problems

i am having some serious bm problems... i have never been regular... dose anyone know anything that i can take that will help me go and not get horrible cramps.... i havent went in a couple of days and if you push alittle on my stomach it hurts someone please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Health

• i take magnesium, it keeps me regular, 750 mgs a day.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Drink lots and lots of water. Eat as many vegetables as you can stand. It really helps me.........
    As for the pain... try warm water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Try starting a jogging/walking routine. I did that...I started out jogging 1 min and walking 5. I did that 5 times for a total of 30 min. I tried to get out and jog/walk 3 or 4 times a week. Then the next week I jogged 2 min and walked 4...then 3 and 3...until I was able to jog for 30 min straight. Last Feb. I did a 1/2 marathon (13.1 mi). Anyway, before jogging I would only go once every few days. After jogging I started going at LEAST once a day. It really helped with the way I felt. Now I am pregnant and am on restricted activity for some bleeding I had early on...ugh back to my bloated poopless self for a few months :) GL

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Try taking a stool softener on a regular basis. Colace helps quite a bit. Also the fruit and veggies are always a good idea. You might want to keep a journal on what you eat to see if that could be a problem. People on pain medications have problems with constipation. Even chocolate. You could also go to webmd.com a very helpful site for just about any health concern. Good Luck to you.

Tracy O. decafsis
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 7:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I take the chewable fiber tablets. They actually taste like candy, they help me go easier. I chew two a day, and I have began going once a day. I have never been regular either.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If you just have to go and you're constipated try magnesium citrate its a liquid laxative sold at CVS. It works fast like within an hour you will go but it does cause cramping and diarrhea but it gets you going. Its not to be taken on a regular basis. As far as everyday diets eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water. Oatmeal really keeps me regualr so I eat instant oatmeal every morning for breakfast
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Magnesium works wonders,so does mother apple cider vinegar.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2008