Single parent most the time

how many of you have a bf/husband who helps to the minimum when it comes to your kids?

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was a single mom before I met my DH. He spends time with the kids and helps a little, but he also works 12 hrs a day, 5 days a week. I am lucky enough that he is in a position to be able to let me be a SAHM. So even tho I am pretty much the only parent around and the one who keeps the house in order, I don't feel like a single parent. There's no way I could be living the life that I want with my children without him and even tho he doesn't help around the house much, he PAYS for the house and everything else we could possibly need.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I feel like a single parent all the time. Now that my youngeset is disable due to father watching him while I was at work. It is harder that ever. He doesnt want any thing to do with him. Just the oldest because he is (normal)
    multitalentmom

Answer by multitalentmom at 5:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sometimes I do but he takes care of our youngest nearly completely on the weekends and at night for a couple hours when he gets off work so during the day yes, but realistically having been a true single parent I recognize the difference. Being a mother is simply extremely HARD work and I think most of us feel unappreciated. But I just tell myself to think about the fact that I am eternally grateful for everything my mom did for me and my kids will be too.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• He rarely helps, He's never home due to work & when he is hes a hermit.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011