An APOLOGY from a CHRISTIAN....

Some of u may not believe in God and that's ok. I know that there r a lot of u out there who've been hurt by people that say they love Jesus but didn't love u. The Church as a whole has made a lot of mistakes. I'm sorry. I want u to know that some of us know how bad some of the mistakes we've made are. If you've ever met a Christian that would rather judge u than love you, then I'm sorry, I apologize. I'm sorry we've forgotten why we're here. I wanted u to know that some of us are different though. We care, not out of an agenda but out of real love. I hold no grudges, I understand that for some of u the damage done by our failures are tough to overcome. I know that I can't change it all but I can change me. And I promise to be a Christian that loves without an agenda. I would love to have conversations with any of u even if your mad and want to tell me I'm an idiot. The invitation is open...

queen_tut

Asked by queen_tut at 10:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• "If indeed we lived a life in imitation of his, our witness would be irresistible. If we dared to live beyond our self-concern, if we refused to shrink from being vulnerable, if we took nothing but a compassionate attitude toward the world, if we were a counterculture to our nation's lunatic lust for pride of place, power, and possessions, if we preferred to be faithful rather than successful, the walls of indifference to Jesus Christ would crumble. A handful of us cold be ignored by society, but hundreds, thousands, millions of such servants would overwhelm the world. Christians filled with the authenticity, commitment, and generosity of Jesus would be the most spectacular sign in the history of the human race. The call of Jesus is revolutionary. If we implemented it, we would change the world in a few months."
    Brennan Manning, from his book "The Signature of Jesus"
    queen_tut

Answer by queen_tut at 10:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Very well said! Our pastor was just talking about this last week, loving without an agenda. I totally agree!! My non-Christian friends are my friends because we truly care about one another and we have many things in common, not b/c I want to "save them" (it's not in my power to do anyway lol). That's not to say I wouldn't be thrilled if they accepted Christ, it's just not the basis of our friendship (me trying to get them to accpet is not the basis).

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• When the power of Love, overcomes the love of power, that is when the world will truely know peace.
    If more people lived God's way of, which is give, give, give, and NOT get, get get, the world would be a much better place for everyone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Gosh, this is going to sound completely cheesey.....but I think that you guys are great! Queen, I love your post on here and pwfaith, I loved your posts on the other string as well as this one. That's all I gotta say....you guys have beautiful hearts, I can tell. :)
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 11:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Hi Queen, You have a good heart :-)

Sometimes people assume that Atheists were always that way and are just "ignorant" about God/the Bible...or must have been hurt by a Christian. Some of us have been former Christians and quite learned when it comes to the Bible and theology etc.. I can only speak for myself, but my reasons regarding my deconversion are not based on being hurt by people. It goes much deeper than that.

Now I see everyone as just people, humans, regardless of what label they choose to wear or sirens they blow. True characters are always revealed eventually. Just a perspective...thank you for sharing.
    Jazzmim

Answer by Jazzmim at 11:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I THINK YOUR AWSOME :) AND THAT WAS A VERY COOL THING YOU JUST SAID :) I GIVE YOU MANY MANY KUDOS =)
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 12:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• this atheist thanks you, Queen, and I know you're not all the same.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I to, am a Christian, but this is how I see things. I just want all people to feel free to do things their own way. I am in no position to say my way is the only way. I like what you've said.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• PS........I don't think an apology was needed with all you said. Just wanted to add that.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• *applause* Thank you for writing this. I don't think you need to appologize for the actions of other people or the actions the church has made. But it is nice to hear.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2008