3 year olds and musicals

What are your best tips for getting 3 year olds to sit through at least a portion of a concert, musical, etc. My husband is a music teacher, so we attend a lot of these. My older dd was fabulous and has, pretty much since birth, sat through many programs totally mesmerized without being disruptive. Fast-forward to the twins, and omg! Night and day difference. So, what things have you tried, aside from strapping them to their seat (kidding) to get them to sit through stuff like this. I just spent a very frustrating afternoon at the matinee performance and am ready to pull my hair out! I brought them a bag each with a snack and juice cup. I even had my MIL for help, but I digress. Any suggestions ladies?

1plustwinsmommy

Asked by 1plustwinsmommy at 6:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest could handle something like that at age three but my youngest couldn't until maybe 5 or so. Just a difference in kids. I got a sitter for my youngest a lot because we knew his limits!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011