Rude or not rude

we will be getting a dog over the summer... hubs and I have never been dog owners.

my 10 yr old is playing at the neighbor's home and he said for the two kids (his and mine) to go walk their dog so my kid can get practice. That was cute and Im fine with that. But then he said to take the dog in our yard and let him run around so we know what it is like to have a dog. I found that rude.

I told her that the fence was not up around the pool and that the dog couldnt come into the yard at this time.

What do you think of him telling her to let his dog run around our yard???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think you are weird for thinking that is weird. If you are considering getting a dog...wouldnt the dog be in the back yard sometimes. He was just trying to help you and your 10 year old get a feeling of what it might be like.

Sounds like he was trying to be helpful.
    Anonymous

• I think its rude. I would be upset!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 6:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i think you stated your ground and that it was in your rights to do so as far as him telling her that although wierd he was probably just trying to help its hard to tell without knowing you both but either way if you didn't want that you have every right to say so.
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 6:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think your neighbor was just trying to be helpful.  Politely expressing your concerns on the matter should be all it takes to clear the air.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 6:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Although it is an odd suggestion, I don't think it was rude, just an unexpected suggestion.
    1plustwinsmommy

Answer by 1plustwinsmommy at 6:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think if he would have asked "hey wanna let him run around your yard" that might have been nicer... I still would have said no.

This man has done other things that I consider rude: not answered the phone when my kids were there because he didnt want to get off the couch, brought his kids to my home to swim when he knew we were on vacation, and other things. His wife is VERY nice, and his kids too. I trust the man but he is just a very odd bird.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Not rude at all. Might as well go all the way so you could see what your yard will look like loaded with dog poop. Make sure you buy pooper scoopers and doggie bags too. I dont think it was rude at all.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• You opened that door by saying yes to your son walking their dog.... Your neighbor wasn't trying to be rude, he figured you needed the practice, a dry run for having a dog.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think that it was kinda rude to just assume you wanted THEIR dog in your yard. I get that it may not have been her intentions or anything.. however.. if you wanted a dog running around your yard now.. then you would have already gotten one. You are getting things ready like the fence around the pool.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• babybugs... I think walking their dog is vastly different than having it in my yard.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011