If you found $10,000 would you turn it in or keep? Read on for more....

Teenager, Moses Baranuic, a grocery store clerk, found $10,000 during a restroom break.

Moses teaches a Sunday school class for 10 year olds and said he should do the right thing and turn the money in, or as Moses says, "practices what he preaches".
Although, Moses did say for a split second, he thought about what he could do with the money, but it was better to turn it in than to keep it.

The owner of the money was found. The owner said he had the money on him because he was moving. He plans on giving Moses a reward.

There are good people in the world!

Moses Baranuic: YOU ROCK!!

SpoiledMom71

Asked by SpoiledMom71 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I would have also turned it in.......If you were to keep it bad karma would follow you

Congrats to him for doing the right thing..............................................
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would turn it in! There have been a few times when I've left my purse somewhere and was very blessed with honest people who turned it in, completely intact! Now, I never had any $10,000 in it, but still, the feeling of overwhelming relief when I got it back was, well, worth $10,000! Pay it forward-- you never no when the tables will be turned!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I would turn it in. 10,000 is a lot of money. We are struggling right now but that would even come into my head at a moment like that
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Absolutely turn it in. The guilt one would have for taking form someone else wrongfully can be overwhelming. I have turned in money as well as returned change when a cashier counted out too much. I have always foudn God has a way of repaying us for ourhonesty, I also attempted to pay for a mistake made by Wendys one time, when I went back to pay for it they refused the money letting meknow my honesty was so nice. AS I left the restaurant I ran smack into my oldest son's bio dad who was 2000 behind on child support and had a warrant out forhim. I contacted th police and he was arrested for failure to pya support and had to pay the amount behind to even get out.
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 10:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Go ahead and turn it in. It could be of use to me right now but I couldn't live with myself if I knew babies might me hungry or living in the streets because of me. Also if you turn it in if it isn't claimed within so many days it gets returned back to you. In that case I think I would donate it to shelters or churches or even the police dept. I don't think I would ever be able to use it for me.
    priddymom

Answer by priddymom at 10:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It would be so hard . . . but I would turn it in. If I kept it, I would feel so bad and wouldn't be abe to spend it. Who knows what that money was going to be used for! I have also left c/c's, purses, etc and have got them back. One time I left my wallet on the bus and it was turned in. I had several restaurant gift certificates that were either gone or the person had used part of them and put them back. lol. Just glad nothing else was used.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I very much would have wanted to keep it lol. I would have resisted the temptation and tried to find the owner too. I know what it would feel like if I lost that money and I'd want someone to do the same for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My first instinct would be to keep it. But the guilt would consume me..... I would most likely end up turning it in.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Lol...I'm the opposite of drowninginboys. My first instinct would be to turn it in just because its so embedded in my head that its the right thing to do, and then afterward I would think "That was 10k!!!" lol. No, I would definitely turn it in
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Part of e would have wanted to keep it but I know I would turn it in because that's someone's hard earned money.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2008