Drinking

Well my husband isn't a chronic drinker but on his off days he drinks a 12 pak of beer in on setting and when i get home he is past toasted. I have told him about it and he says he will change but he hasn't.
He only drinks once a week but large amounts and I have told him that he is a benge drinker and he says he knows and needs to work on it. How do i encourage it. He tells me he is going to get a 6 pak for the weekend but when i get home he has drank 12, he doesn't bother anyone when he drinks but i don't like it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You honestly have to realize.. that even though you dont like it.. unless he truly wants to make a change.. he isnt gonna stop.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That wouldn't fly in my house especially with our ds around.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would tell him that he should cut back, Maybe every other week end then maybe go to once a month. Me personally, I hate alcohol and probably couldn't deal with it. Good luck

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That is a form of alcoholism... Binge drinking! I was in a relationship with someone like that. He has to want to make a change you can't get him to change. Best to you
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 2:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yeah that is definitely not OK. My husband likes to drink beer but if he were getting wasted I would not be OK with that.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:45 AM on Apr. 4, 2011