Teeting 7 month old

Any suggestions from you ladies out there about teething would be greatly appreciated! I've tried baby oragel, letting him suck on a popsicle, and teeting rings. So far nothing seems to be helping my lil guy with his teething pain...he's got 3 little teeth trying to come thru at the same time. Poor lil guy seems just miserable from the teething pain...anything else I could try to help him feel more comfortable?

bamaunicorn

Asked by bamaunicorn at 10:37 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 7 month old son is teething too. I used a combo of teething tablets and tylenol. It worked wonders! I didn't use orajel... heard it hardens the gums. good luck!!!
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 11:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• teething tabs worked for us but, teething was the hardest for us he would wake up every 1-2 hours and I thought it was an earache took him to the dr he was fine. I found this baby oragel with in calamine teait and it seemed to work really well with a natraul calming effect. also what worked well was a mesh teething/feeding bag with crushed ice and I put a drop of calamine tea in them and in his bath. Sounds strange but for some reason it worked. He didnt get his first tooth till 9 months and was teething since 4months dr kept saying they are almost here. he got 3 teeth pretty much at once and now he only has 6 ( 13 months) hang in there!!! and nurse a lot it helps also.
    Rahforever

Answer by Rahforever at 11:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my daughter is 10 months and shes actually getting 5 teeth at once, yea i know its crazy!~ she really hasnt been that bad , except when she got her 1st 2 bottoms, i would have to say just keep doing what your doing with the popsicles my baby loves them, and maybe try some motrin or some tylonol that might take the pain away. I know they can be very crabby at times , just be patient it will get better .. hope i can be some help to you!`
    bmsoraghan

Answer by bmsoraghan at 4:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Oh girl, I feel your pain!! :) I agree with the other posters who mentioned the teething tablets, Tylenol and Motrin. Also, I made popsicles for my son since the ones I saw out there have so much sugar. I mixed half 100% apple juice and half water. My son just loves them and I don't feel so guilty about the sugar. Oh, I do recommend sticking to the Motrin every 6-8 hours and my ped told me that I could give Tylenol half way through the Motrin dose. If we stay on top of the dosing, it has helped a lot. Good luck!!
    jamaicanmehappy

Answer by jamaicanmehappy at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• you rockThanks for all those replies ladies...I'll definately be trying out some of your suggestions!

bamaunicorn

Answer by bamaunicorn at 7:22 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my son has been teething for about 4 months now and finally has his 2 bottom teeth but still going..i use childrens tylonel..yes childrens not infant they are the same you just have to ask your pediatrician the dosage for your infant she told me to use childrens with the dosage becasue its more cost effective then buying the little tiny infant bottles..that is the only thing i use for pain and i dont use it unless my son absolutely needs it..i bought some of those baby food mesh bag things that they can hold and you can put just about anything in there..i use teething biscuits and what works great is frozen fruit now watch your berries so i use frozen peaches and he loves it but its messy so put him in his high chair or bumbo seat...and i do that before i am about to give him a bath..see if your baby likes those you can find the mesh bag kit at babies r us or wal mart.. good luck!
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2009