If you found out that your tithes and offerings were being stolen, would you stop giving ?

nun

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I would never tithe...
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If the people counting the money have stolen the money, and have not been replaced by someone more trustworthy, I would definately be bringing my concerns to the pastor. If they've been replaced, of course I'd still give. God isn't judging me based on what someone else is doing. He sees my faith in Him.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would report it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i would stop giving during services. instead i would give to who ever took over from the person stealing or straight to the preacher (if he wasnt the one stealing). church bills still gotta get paid somehow.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That's embezzling. It needs to be reported.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would keep giving. If someone felt the need to steal tithes they need it more then I do. I mean really, to me thats stealing from the house of God. I wouldnt want that karma. Thats asking God to intervene in your life lol. Let them have it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Well, if it's the people who count the money, then the church better be dealing with that. I think I would be leary for awhile about giving, but if they take care of it and get honest people to count it, then I'd continue.
    rosiecotton

Answer by rosiecotton at 7:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Occasionally there will be a news item in the paper concerning Church treasurers embezzeling (Stealing) money from the tithing , offering, and expense money,etc. THAT is really bad. They get discovered.,...as criminals do....and prosecuted, serve jail terms. I would be really angry at them . WHy do people who commit crimes always think they are going to be the ones who are not caught? Stupid.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011