Rude son

At the moment my sons living with his dad (long story). I am hoping not to have to go to court to get custody back, but I may end up having to. His dad works long hours now, and doesnt spend much time with him. His dad also is a pretty rude guy. When we were married I was always apologizing for him. He would say rude things to people and about people. Now my son is doing it too. I dont know how to stop him? I only have him on weekends, and all summer long, and usually by half way through summer he is not so bad.

Any advice on how I can handle this? I dont want him growing up and being rude. It is a rude like a sense of entitlement (I am better than you are) attitude.

Asked by gemgem at 6:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have no idea! Im sorry momma, hope it improves for you!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The only advice I can give you is to lead by example. Explain to him how it makes others feel when he is rude. {hugs}
    Julieec

Answer by Julieec at 6:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thanks lol. I am so limited with him.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Set the rules. Make sure he knows them and understands them and any consequence that may be associated with not following them. Then be consistent and GOOD LUCK
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• meoma it isnt not following rules, he is excellent there, he just is rude lol. He just says things you wouldnt think an 11 yr old would say. Like for instance we went to McDonalds and a car was driving and he put his hand out and said "Im walking here!", things like that.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011