Potty train at night

How old were your kiddos when they potty trained fully. I have 3 year old twins (bd is in Jan) and the younger twin has been fully trained since Sept. The older twin has been day-time trained since October but is still requiring a pull-up to get through the night.

1plustwinsmommy

Asked by 1plustwinsmommy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My oldest is 4 and still has accidents at night 2-3 times a week.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My kids were 6-7 when they were dry at night. It ranges all over. I know kid who were 8, even 10 before they matured enough to be dry all night.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• my son was almost 4 when he was fully potty trained
    angelsmurf1989

Answer by angelsmurf1989 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Night-training is physiological. It's perfectly normal for a child to wet the bed until about the age of six.

From Potty Training Concepts:

"Having to urinate at night is not an issue with most adults, since when an adult's bladder is full at night, a signal goes from the bladder to the brain and we are awakened with the need to go. For children, this signaling mechanism comes with age. Most pediatricians do not consider bed wetting an issue until after the age of five or six. "
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I don't think my daughter has an issue nor am I worried, I was just curious when it happened for other cafemom kiddos.
    1plustwinsmommy

Comment by 1plustwinsmommy (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 5, 2011