Should I sell my wedding ring?

I've been divorced for 3 yrs. I could really really use the money, been a rough year and we are scraping by this month. My wedding ring has no sentimental value to me, except for maybe keeping it for my son. I get no support from Ex. Should I sell it? Or is that some kind of taboo.

hopelessnance

Asked by hopelessnance at 10:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I would sell it. It would have sentimental value if, say, you were widowed instead of divorced. I don't think it's taboo or anything, it's not like you're currently married and wanting to hock it to buy drugs. You're divorced and wanting to sell it because you get no support for your child and you need money, presumably in part to provide support for your son.

I say, sell it...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think if you need money, sell it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My parents kept theirs. I have my dad's ring and can wear it on my thumb. It has sentimental value to me. It may be the same for your son years from now. It's hard to say!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it would mean more to your son if you were still married. It didn't work so why hang on to it? If you need the money for whatever reason there is nothing wrong with selling it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Just sell it i would. If you have no feelings for it (or him) then I'll say its a go! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Sell it.
    thethings

Answer by thethings at 11:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• girl sell it you need the cash hell i flushed mine down the toilet is that taboo? seems the taboo already happened when you met that guy, lol sell it really
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• sell sell sell!! My ex while still married stole mine and pawned it for his "toys". If I still had it when I was divorced, it sure as hell would have sold it. I kept nothing that was from him or we shared. I sold in garage sales everything!!!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:31 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I'd sell it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• When my first husband and I split, I sold my ring. I was going to chuck it into the ocean, then thought "he blew our savings on sluts...." so I pawned it instead and took this really good-looking guy I had just met to a fabulous dinner! It worked out great, I am still married to that "good-looking" guy twenty years later!

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2008