Follow up to dd's vaginal rash

I posted a ? about my daughters vagina being severely red and irritated. Well I figured it out! I walked in to wipe her after she did #2 and she had already started. She was wiping back to front! And really wiping everything up pretty hard! I was happy to figure out why but felt bad that she didnt know any better. I just started teaching her to wipe her butt and I didnt realize she was already doing it at school! So she didnt know it was front to back. She tells me that she never goes in school but Ive come to realize she was fibbing! I should know better considering she told me the cat got her a tasty cake from the pantry last week.....LOL
Just wanted to update! =)

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• DD had this recently (@4 all of a sudden wasn't wiping well...) Anyhow she had had some rashes before and once or twice it led to a bladder and/or kidney infection so you want to have her checked out.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 7:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Oh, good! Definitely still take her in, though, because you don't want the infection to get worse. At least now you can prevent them in the future! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No I mean anus to vagina. Im trying to teach her to wipe back to front with the vagina first. And then wipe her bottome. I also do not wipe front to back when it comes to the vagina. But she is wiping all of her poop into her vagina. Thats what i meant by back to front.
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• back of vagina to front of vagina? Meaning not wiping over anus?
    That is how i wiped (back to front) until i was in my late teens & i never got any type of redness/infections..
    My mom is 60 and she INSIST on wiping back to front (she doesnt want anything wiped into her vagina -eyeroll-) and has very good female health..
    But I understand if she is wiping butt & all into her front :( poor girl!
    Anonymous