How would you

ok i have to ask how would you deal with this kind of thing someone i know there son is over fight ing in iraq and his wife is cheating on him what would you do i am about to blow up i mean i cant keep my mouth shut any more some one tell me something

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Do you have the kind of relationship with your DIL where you could bring it up with her directly? That's an awful position to be in, mama. I'm sorry to hear it. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• You just dont say anything. He is fighting in Iraq and he needs to have his head in THAT game and not in the drama at home. He will be home soon enough and he will find out.

Answer by gemgem at 7:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• none of your business

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• He is under stress right now how is this going to help him?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• tough one , i guess it depends , it goes both ways , would this news devistate him or would he not care , i wouldnt want to devistate someone that is likew him --far away etc..
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Lies have short legs and don't usually need a push.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i would hold off on spilling the beans because that is the last thing he needs to hear right now.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would not tell him now.... he has enough to worry about.

But I would get proof for when he got home.

My only real concern would be to safeguard his finances.

Anonymous

• I wouldn't tell him til he gets home. I was a military spouse at one point (DH is now out) and it happened a lot to other guys in his old unit. A few guys even went as far as committing suicide because they couldn't cope with being in a hell hole and having nothing to come home to.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Make sure you have proof, wait until he gets home and approach her about it. Let her know that if she doesn't tell him, you feel that you need to. And make sure she know you have the proof. Yes I agree with the other lady's, this guy has enough to deal with right now, so wait until he is home. But he deserves to know what his wife has been doing while he is sacrificing his life for our country.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011