What constitutes as legal harassment?

This is about me, my husband's baby mama, and a mutual friend (they're no longer friends now, though).

BM has threatened me to DH, in texts, once. We have the text saved in email. She has also threatened DH that she'd move and change numbers, and he'd never find her (I don't think this is harassment though..?). She called my phone 35 times one night, but because we didn't answer, it doesn't show on our detailed billing (which we got for that specific reason).

Now, BM is crap talking my friend Brittany, who used to be her friend. They share a baby daddy, and he has ANOTHER baby mama/girlfriend now. Well, since Brittany and BM stopped being friends, BM befriended the new baby mama (on FB). Can FB conversations be used as proof in a harassment case? My friend acts like it doesn't bother her, but I'm 90% sure that it does...they comment on her weight a lot (which is funny, cuz BM outweighs her by a good 60lbs, at least), which I know is a sore subject for Brittany (she isn't used to being as big as she is). She's a pretty girl, but lets her weight bother her.

My question is this...could she use the FB statuses and comments for proof of harassment?

JustCantWait88

Asked by JustCantWait88 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I read "baby daddy" once and groaned, but kept reading. I read "baby daddy" twice and just gave up.
    Anonymous

• Yes & No. My friend had a similar situation & the judge saw it as a two way street and dismissed it all. On FB she has a choice to delete and block her, thus ending the harassment. Unless of course BM were to find other means such as direct emails and phone calls and continue then it would be considered harassment. Right now though? I doubt she has a case. All she can do is block her, and if she doesnt like her statuses she can stop going to her page.

Answer by gemgem at 7:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• @gemgem, that's what i keep telling her! All this baby daddy/baby mama drama drives me up the wall. Why can't everyone just be NORMAL? I told my friend to block them both, and any other people who are talking about her. I told her that people are going to talk, and there's nothing she can do about it. She did block them at one point, then unblocked up...she loves this crap. I do think DH BM is blocked from my friends phone, and mine as well. I wish she'd just disappear lol.
    JustCantWait88

Comment by JustCantWait88 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011