Hard life vs. good life #2

some stuff is just innately crappy... something just happen and we had nothing to do with it.

Would you say you are a person who

1) had a hard start and made a good life

2) had a hard start and are having a hard time 

3) had a good start and made a good life

4) had a good start and made choice that ended in a hard life

why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would say #4 and #3 for me. I had a great start in life, and really never wanted for material things. My mom was never a good mom, but I had other people who were there for me emotionally. Materially if I wanted it, it was mine. When I started my adult life Id say I was some what sheltered and didnt "get it" when it came to life and how hard it really was. I made bad choices bc of that. But I learned and then made better ones and have an awesome life now.

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'd say #1. my dad died when I was 6, money was an issue, having 3 sisters and living in a bad part of town. My mom made some rally bad choices about guys in our lives, and wasnt every truley open about things. Iknew I wanted a better life for my kids. I'm beyond blessed to now have a wonderful husband who works very hard to provide a great life for me and our kids. Although our kids are only 3 and 19 months, I always want to be open with them, never lie or hid things from them.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 1) had a hard start and made a good life

My parents split when I was 11, my mom was the sleeper.. she came home after work (when she did work) and slept so my bro and I had the run of the town. I was raped my dad when I was 13 and now that whole side of the family hates me. I had my children all while I was still in High School (although the last two were conceived on BC, and yea I know there's such a thing as abstinence). My mom was on welfare all my life. I moved out when I was 19 and even tho I've made some decisions that ended up bad (been married and divorced twice.. one was a friend who was helping me and other was a guy who turned abusive), I am with the love of my life, a great guy to my kids, not on welfare, can afford anything we will ever need, and my kids and I and DH are living the best middle class family life we could've ever asked for! =)
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• #3. although we weren't the richest in the neighborhoo, we weren't the poorest, either. my mother made sure we had enough, even if it meant shopping at thrift stores, or making certain foods last longer. she kept the AC off til she couldn't stand it in summer (oklahoma!), and we piled on the clothing and blankets in the winter. we didn't do anything extravagant or unnecessary. we enjoyed simple vacations, and lots of outdoors activities. (a lot of outdoor activities are free!) she was a SAHM, so we only had one car for daddy to drive to/from work. we tithed regularly to the church, and donated when we could. we didn't have the newest game or trendiest clothes every 3mos. we had what we needed, with a few extras for xmas/birthdays. we were healthy and happy!
    as an adult, i worked my butt off to make money, save money, and invest money. it paid off. and i enjoy (with my dh) a great financial life...but we're still simple folk.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'd say #1 and #3. My life was hard due to the fact that we moved around a lot, and my ex-step father was abusive. My mom never was, but she's kind of self absorbed...

But on the other hand, I ran away to my grandparents when I was 15, and they're great. I had a bumpy start to say the least, but I think I'm doing pretty great now! I'm happily married, only one baby (lol), we have our own place, I just bought and registered my first car, I'm working and going to school...
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would say I had a good start and made a good life - because I didn't know the difference. My parents were poor when I was little, but I didn't know it. They're not now, but they worked hard for what they have. My husband and I have that same work ethic and we hope to instill that in our children. Work hard and be proud of what you have become.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 4) had a good start and made choice that ended in a hard life

mostly 4
    because i had NO IDEA he was in a closet
    i think it happens to some, i did do the "why me thing" for a few days, then decided that my answer was why not me, it does happen and it was just my roll of dice in life at that time

so crap happens
    get off the pot, flush and be done with it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011