whats the best way to clean a cd

some of my kids have cds with fingerprints and with scratches on them what is the best way to clean them,i thought i heard toothpaste but i don't want to do it and then it messes them up.

mrsmalark

Asked by mrsmalark at 11:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

•  I use windex and wipe clean with a very soft lint free cloth like a hanky. Wipe it in the round direction of the spirals. Works every time.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I use a diaper wipe to clean the fingerprints and who knows what else. Then, I dry it, usually with my shirt. It's been working for years.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The toothpaste works every time. Be sure you use the white kind, not the gel. It removes the scratches and prints like magic. Our cd's and dvd's have been saved numerous times by using this cleaning method.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Windex and a tissue. Sometimes if that's not available I steam it up with my breath and wipe it with my shirt lol. If you have a Game Crazy (inside Hollywood Video) where you live they clean CD's, DVD's and video games inside their little machine for $1 each.
    Anonymous