My relationship is over, but we live in a state where the unemployment rate is high, alot of people are jobless, the pay is low compared to other states, rent is like $ 900 for a 1 bedroom etc..

should i stay put and live with my ex or do i move out on my own with a crappy job that pays peanuts for a paycheck. he will be moving to another state in about 6 months to a year. he encourages me to stay because he does not want me to end up homeless-he still cares....but it is hard to see him everyday because of the hurt he has caused. ps..moving in with friends or relatives is not an option. any advice would be helpful..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Where the heck do you live to have a 1 bdrm be $900! Here it's only $300 for a 1 bdrm and there are plenty of jobs available.. Maybe you should consider moving with him where he is going and only stay til you are on your feet (as long as things there are more reasonable then where you are at now.) Or consider moving to a place with a better economy in the first place on your own.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am still with my dh just because it is to expensive to live and make it on my own. Jobs are 30 miles one way around here and I have no car. so if he still cares and you can get along for the most then stay put and save up the money
    Anonymous

• As hard as it is to see him every day it will be harder to be homeless. The best option is to get a job, save your money and move out when you can afford it.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i would say just stick it out there as long as u can. at least u wont be homeless, good luck
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If you can tolerate it stay and save up money so you won't be on the streets. The poster where a 1 bedroom for 300 a month where do you live, here in NY 1 bedroom 1100 dollars a month and up. It is hard out here if your money is low, there are working homeless people.
    kitty068

Answer by kitty068 at 2:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'd do everything I could to get out on my own. Sometimes change requires hard sacrifices.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• @ meooma== it is easier said than done, i have been wanting to move out for about almost 8 months, and i have been looking at my options at every angle possible. i know if i move out it is a great chance that i end up homeless. i don't want to gamble with this...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• move out!
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Look for someone who's looking for a roommate maybe? Usually there are ads posted for those. Good luck. I couldn't stay with my husband if we split up. It'd be too stressful.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011