How often do you think about dying?

How often do you really consciously think about the fact that you will eventually die? Have you thought about it more as you've gotten older? Are you at peace with dying?

Lola.Bee

Asked by Lola.Bee at 7:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think about it often lately. It bugs me but I realize its just another step in existance. We are born dying and that saying is very true and I realize that. Doesnt mean I like the thought tho especially now with my having young children I want to be around to see grow and become good men.

Yes, I think about it more as I get older.

Right now its more present because of my husbands stage 4 cancer...tends to bring thoughts to the surface that might have otherwise stayed dormant a bit longer.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes, I do think about the fact that I (and everyone else) is mortal and will eventually die. It's inevitable. 1 person in 1 will die! I'm at peace with the idea- it's simply a fact of life. I do hope it doesn't happen for a good long time, as I have young children and hope to be there to see them grow up. However I am aware that there are no guarantees and I try to live my minutes to the fullest while I have them.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i am very at peace with dying. I dont think about it often though.
    Anonymous

• I don't really ever spend time thinking about dying.. Well, when someone does post a question asking about I think about it to answer the question... (lol)... However in general, no I never find myself sitting around and thinking about dying.

I am getting older... I'm 48..Not thinking about death any more at 48 than I did at 28...

Am I at "peace" with dying. I guess, I mean I'm not afraid of dying, I'm not worried about how my family would make it or anything like that when I die, and I don't view death as an ending just another beginning (I'm a believer in reincarnation).... So I guess if not really worrying about it or fearing it in any way equals "being at peace" with it.. Then yeah, I'm at peace with dying.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Dying does not scare me, I think about my loved ones death though.

Answer by older at 7:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• only when i attend a funeral. which isn't often.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think about it often and have for my entire life and no I'm not at peace about it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I thought about it SO MUCH as a child, and developed so much anxiety. I couldn't go to sleep with the lights off, because with the lights off my mind wandered too much and I related it to darkness I suppose. Death really bothered me until 3 years ago when I became a Christian. From that point on, things have changed for me. I no longer suffer from crazy anxiety over it. I know some will say I use Jesus as my crutch, but ask any Christian....that's exactly what He's there for!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Almost never.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am completely at peace with the realization that I will die, and that I don't know when. Because of that, I don't need to think about it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011