Who here gets WIC? How do you feel about WIC?

I get it for my 2 yr old and my unborn. I think it's okay but some people like to argue that we don't deserve to have baby formula etc paid for. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• A person't financial status should not determine is they are good parents or not. Teaching your children values is more important than money. If a low income family need help from the government especailly if they are paying taxes, they are entitled to every benefit available to them.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't think WIC should provide formula unless there is a proven medical need. If you choose to formula feed, you should choose to pay for that formula.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't see why not. It provides regular milk, cheese, certain cereals and other things. Just because you chose to bottle feed doesn't mean you shouldn't have that provided. Plus for some other reasons, some women just can't breastfeed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I was on WIC with both my girls. I think it is a very good program, and from what I am hearing from young moms out there it has improved greatly. I dont know what I would have done without it.

I was not able to breastfeed with my youngest because I was on heavy narcotics. ( I had a stroke) so I am so happy that the help was there when I needed it.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 11:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It does piss me off that people on WIC get Enfamil while I have to buy Parent's Choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think everyone should put a big effort into breastfeeding. I think people who use formula are( who just choose to) are misinformed. At 2:ooam I don't have to look for a sterile bottle and warm it up, I just pull out a boob. God gave you formula on tap why pay an arm and a leg for it. Also its Green.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think WIC should provide formula if they provide things for breast-feeding mothers. What makes us less important?!
    Just b/c I choose not to breastfeed after having a c-section doesn't mean I'm a bad mother and shouldn't get formula. UGH
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• What I mean to say is once you get the hang of it its sooo much easier.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• People who are on WIC are for a reason. Which means they are probably worse off then you. So don't knock anyone for being on it and getting stuff for free. Sorry you have to pay for Parents Choice but it's obvious you can pay for it and those on wic can't. No not every mother can breastfeed, there is a good example above of some you would actually take the time and read a post before you jump on the gun trying to put people down.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Answered at 10:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 by: Anonymous
    It does piss me off that people on WIC get Enfamil while I have to buy Parent's Choice.

Well at least you can afford parents choice! Those of us on wic are struggling just to buy diapers! and not all WIC does Enfamil, it's different with each state. I heard that (i think it's indiana's WIC) even gives diapers and pullups...to bad not all states do that! lol. that would make even more arguements between woman...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2008