Stupid mood swings...

Someone has asked the question whether postpartum hormones were worse than pergnancy hormones...I'm beginning to think so. Or I'm bi-polar!

DH is in VA for Army training (we live in OR), and I get...mad/annoyed when he goes out on the weekends. It's not because I can't go out, because I can (my grandparents and sister are very good when it comes to me needing mommy time). It's not because I think he'll cheat. IDK what it is! I sometimes think I have PPD, but would that explain my mood swings with DH, who's not even here? Maybe I low-key resent him for being gone...although I'm incredibly proud of him for doing as well as he is in his training. IDK what it is...

JustCantWait88

Asked by JustCantWait88 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Peri Menopause: The period of time in which a woman's body begins "The Change"... Usually starts for most women around the age of 40.. And can last over a decade (average span 10-15 years).. This joyous time in a woman's life bring lovely little presents like:

Mood swings
    Loss of hair
    night sweats
    hot flashes
    dry skin
    dry vagina
    Decrease sex drive ..and also.. increased sex drive.. It's a toss up which you'll get.. lol
    Hormone fluxes
    etc
    etc
    etc

Good times.. Good times.... .. bwhahahaaa...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I was the same way when DH went to Ft. Lee before heading to Afghanistan.. I just missed him a lot and wished I was there doing those things with him instead of him spending that time before he deployed away from me. I hope it gets better for you! GL!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• hahaha...HA!
    just wait, hon..til Peri-Menopause hits. you haven't yet met Mood Swings evil twin.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm with Dull on this one..

Pregnancy during and post.. Mood swings... Aren't anything compared to peri-menopause.

Peri-menopause mood swings are a whole different monster ... and I do mean Monster... LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• ah pixie..you make it sound so fun!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Good times good times.................LOL

My husband has a good friend..He has a wife who is finishing up peri-menopause (early 50's) and a teenage daughter (16)....I swear some days that man stays at work just to avoid going home.... lmao
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• How old is your baby? I had PPD after my little ones were born. I wanted my husband around to help me out (we had twins) because I was overwhelmed most of the time. I was on maternity leave and he was working full time so I never woke him to help with night feedings at first. Then he started spending 1 day out of every weekend out golfing (left at 6am and didn't return until late afternoon). I found it incredibly selfish and it pissed me off to no end.

Hang in there. It gets better :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• DH is at Fort Lee too. He'll be home April 20, until he gets his orders. I guess that's what it is...I just feel like such an ass sometimes.
    JustCantWait88

Comment by JustCantWait88 (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Peri-Menopause?
    JustCantWait88

• If he ends up getting sent to Ft. Hood, msg me. lol. That's where I'm at. We're no longer military but I like it here so we stayed. Being married to a soldier isn't easy. If you ever need to talk I'm here.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2011