What's the best bottles?

I'm strictly breastfeeding at the moment, but a question earlier about weening to formula got me thinking. (now I'm not ready to ween yet). My almost 4 month old refuses bottles all together (of breast milk). I seen a response that talked about certain nipples being better than others. Now with my first she prefered playtex nipples, but she was mostly formula fed. With my second I want to remain breastfeeding as long as possible or until the first year. But obviously there are times when I may need to give her breast milk from a bottle, when I return to work in a few months. What are your suggestions for nipples for exclusively (and picky) breast fed babies?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 7:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dos Equis. LOL!

i used Avent, loved their nipples. they were user-friendly (as a first-and-only time mom) and easy to 'grow with the baby'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Avent. It's all I use now and have used with my babies - 4 of which were breastfed for a year and only had supplemental bottles, and with my now 8 month old that I weaned from breastfeeding to all bottles at 6 months.

Answer by missanc at 7:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I used the Johnson and Johnson Health Flo., they are angled and easy clean. I personally do not like the Even flow type because the bags rupture more often then not, it was more expense always having to buy inserts, can't microwave them. I didn't like the Avent either, because my kids didn't like the bigger nipple and it was to big for my hand to hold comfortably, but to each their own.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Tomee Tipee
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I breastfeed and my son like playtex but only the rubber nipples...he hated silcone
    Lenore0708

Answer by Lenore0708 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• advent
    Sofiabug

Answer by Sofiabug at 10:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I've used Avent, Tommy Tippee, Playtex Ventaire, Soothie, Breastflow, and Dr. Browns. Out of them all, I like Avent the best.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• I'll get one of each.. a johnson and johnson health flo and avent.
    I don't like the insert bags either, I had problems with them with my first as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011