EW..gross?

my 2 year old is starting to say 'ew gross' with everything i give him to eat - dinner, breakfast an lunch.. altho he has ate it in the past and loved it! did your child go through this?

3HappylKidds

Asked by 3HappylKidds at 7:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• haha my son does that.. and i fixed it by making my plate extra piled up and fed him off my plate. he wouldn't eat it any other way.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• At *my* When my child says ew gross I tell them that is rude and remove the plate. At which point they typically start screaming that they wanted that so I tell them they have to eat it or sit politely. I don;t care if they want to turn their nose up to a meal but they are NOT going to be rude about it. Even if they are 2.
    Anonymous

• they all go through this phase, they can like something one day and not like it the next. It will pass sometime before 18, I hope, Mine's 10 and I'm still waiting LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yep, my daughter (who is 2) also says No when she means Yes
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Mine never did until they learned it from other kids. They would tell me "I don't like this" or something (rarely), but it seems like whenever one child thinks something is "gross", it is a domino effect! Egh!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Normal. Not all kids do it, but a lot do. My textbook response is "tough nuggets, you ate it last week, you're going to eat it again now". And they do, because they remember liking it before even though they thought it looked gross.
    Anonymous

• that post - that is pretty much what i do..my other two kids never did it so i had no clue!!
    3HappylKidds

Comment by 3HappylKidds (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Mine does that. I usually offer what we call dippens (ketchum, mustard, ranch) something he can dip it in to take away the tast and add fun to it.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 12:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes..
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• yes my child went through the same thing
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2011