Do you have a garden ? veggie or flower/plants? will you be planting anything when the weather permits ?

butterfly

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I do container gardening (live in a high rise in the middle of the city..lol)..

I have already planted: carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, green beans, green onions, chives, tomatoes and peas........ this year.....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i am a landscape/gardener..well, for my own pleasure, that is. i am in the process of planning what is going, and what is coming for our new house. it currently has 'builder's' landscaping, as it had previous owners, and its a lot of shrubbery. i'm planning on taking most of the basic shrubs out, maybe transplanting them in the bare-backyard, to recycle and dress up that area. i want to add a small blossoming tree in a bare 15x10' area near the front door (in front of our home office windows). beyond that, i'm stuck as to what bedding/annuals to choose. i prefer perennials..duh..but that will take time, so i'll plant both for a starting point. maybe a piece of hardscape, for an eye-catcher. once i get rid of the excess shrubbery, i'll know more what my plans are.

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I don't have a garden - we have too many deer and they've been able to get through every type of protection I've had for my plants! I do however plant tomatoes on my back deck and I have perennials that are deer resistant. I also plan on trying a new annual for up at my mailbox that is supposed to be deer resistant this year.

Answer by missanc at 8:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If the weather here in Oregon EVER warms up, lol I love planting a small garden, tomatos, peppers, cucumbers and hanging baskets everywhere.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We have tomatoes in pots on our deck every year. And flower beds around the house.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'd really like to try out some potted flowers/plants this year, as I just live in an apartment and I'd really like to brighten up the place. Never done it before... wish me luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes, veggies, we'll plant when the garden is dry, it's still a swamp from all the snowmelt!
    Anonymous

• We have both flowers & veggies, plus some fruits. It'll be a few weeks yet before we can put in the veggie garden, typically around Mother's Day or a little after.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011