Follow-up question... TMI... bumps between my legs.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a week or two ago, I asked a question about some red bumps between my legs. I was sure it wasn't genital herpes or anything, but I sort of forgot about it because I managed to get rid of them all.

Well, one of them has sort of... mutated. The bump has turned huge and hard. I felt it yesterday, like a bruise or a huge zit, so I looked at it just now. It was massive and had a white head on the end, just like a zit. I popped it and more pus came out than I've ever seen. I'm still quite positive it's not an STD, but I'm really freaking out. After squeezing it, it's really swollen, it bled a bit, and now there's sort of a clear liquid seeping out of it. I thought squeezing it would make it smaller, but it didn't - it did the opposite.

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I'm going to call and get this issue added to my laundry list of other ones. But I'd kind of like some opinions now... whether or not I should be worried, what this might be (other than an STD).

Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• I get those every so often. It should go down in a couple of days. You have relieved the pressure but it still takes time for the redness to go away.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like an ingrown hair that got infected.. do you shave there?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It sounds like a boil to me.

An ingrown hair would give you a bump and some pus too, but since it is hard and there was a lot of pus, I would lean toward a boil. I've only ever had one, and they hurt like hell! I have also heard that if you don't get all of that had white "shell" out, that it will come back or continue to give you problems.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Definately mention it. Sometimes we get some staph bacteria around there, and a course of antibiotics might completely cure you of the problem.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It kind of sounds like this boil thing my kids have had in the past... I've mashed them and had a cottage cheese like puss stuff pour out of them... and it stinks too
    2AwesomeKiddos

Answer by 2AwesomeKiddos at 8:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sound like an infected pore.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I shave near there, and my skin in that area is rather sensitive. I've gotten razor burn and just... tenderness many times. Could that really be what it is?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• sounds like an ingrown hair to me
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My husband gets these all the time. They can leave scars, so be careful if you're worried about that. I've never had them, so I'm assuming it's not an std of any sort. He's had them quite a while now. GL! I'd still check with the doc.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I get what you're describing a lot. It sounds like an ingrown hair to me, too. But let us know what the doctor says!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011