What has you kid said to you lately?

My son had lost his mind. I was asking my 5yr son if he wanted to get on his big boy bike and keep practicing since he doesn't know how to ride without training wells and he looked like he didn't want to so I said "if you don't ever practice riding your bike how are you ever going to ride and his response was to say that it was his business. I just looked at him and said that HIS business is MY business.
He is crazy and just says some things that have me standing there with my mouth wide open gaping at him thinking that I can't believe he just said that to me!!

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 5yo son used the word "balls" correctly in a sentence yesterday and then looked at me to see I would react. I had my brother have a "man to man" talk with him about words to NOT use in front of girls (especially his mother!).
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 4:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Let him do it in his own time when he is comfortable with it. No rush.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I would encourage that behavior. He's experimenting with privacy. Let him know that some things are ok to keep to himself, while others it is important to share with mommy or other trusted adult. I would also put the training wheels back on, and let him decide when he's comfortable without them.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• they told me they loved me and gave me a hug and kiss
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2011