I have a cousin who claimed that her father had sex with her multiple times over the years (she is a teen) her dad denied it of course... but my aunt stayed with her hubby...there was no proof but i would not be able to stay after this..how would you handle it?

shruggingi would not be able to stay because in the back of my mind i would always wonder....... did my hubby screw his daughter????

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I was raped by my father multiple times as a teen and I reported it and the cops gave custody back to my mom so I was far away from him. Because of the distance, I was unable to attend the hearing and he got off scotch free. My stepmom and stepsisters don't believe that he ever did that to me, because he lied about it. I highly doubt she is lying and that father needs to be punished for what he did.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• he wouldnt be my hubby, he would be dead without his penis. simple really.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• She is probably not lying . . . . and if he were my husband, he would be in jail right now. If I were you, I would boycott evcery family event that he attends.

Zero tolerance.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Aunt is just as bad...
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• it actually is quite common, the wife stays out of fear or financial stability. I personally believe the child comes first no matter what, and if for some chance she is making it up, she still needs her mothers support. Kids first then spouse. The wife might be abused too, you don't know the entire story, both women need help.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would have left.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My dad "went for" my adult sister... She came home told my mom.. He got kicked out for almost a month, then she let him back home.
    As a preteen i never understood why she let him back home.. It was about the $$$$$$ i think.. and fear of being alone maybe? And thanks for not protecting your daughter that lives with you...
    He died when i was a teen.. Made everyones life so much easier... yet i feel like a horrible person for feeling that way.
    Now (over 10yrs) she says she never felt the same about him & it was always on her mind to leave him. *eyeroll*
    Anonymous

• i would have been gone!!
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i know kids could be rebellious and lie sometimes to get their way but what teenager would want to sully their name like that?????
    gwen20

Comment by gwen20 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Depends on who your aunt believes. I am sure there's a LOT more to the story and your aunt and cousin are likely the only ones who know the true details.

I can't really answer the "what would you do" I guess. So many other factors would have to be considered. But if I believed my daughter, I wouldn't divorce my husband..... Oh nay nay....it'd be more along the lines of the video for "Goodbye Earl".
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011