Does anyone have abdominal pain after their period is over?

I have abdominal pain after my period is over that is bad enough to wake me up. It last for around seven to eleven days. It is a crampy felling at time with sharp pains. Does anyone else experience anything like this?

cappyd

Asked by cappyd at 11:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Health

• You may have ovarian cysts. I had the same pain and had to have an MRI, when they discovered this. The egg in the ovaries sometimes fill with fluid and grow large until they rupture. It's not dangerous, but it's so painful. Your OBGYN should be able to help you. Take Ibuprofen for the pain.
    HelenMama

Answer by HelenMama at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes...I have ovarian cysts. You should talk to the doctor and check into that. They can do an ultrasound to see if that's what's causing the pain :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• You could have a condition called endometriosis you micht want to check out this site http://www.medicinenet.com/endometriosis/article.htm

I suffered with it for years and it can at time be so painful that you cant walk.
    Anonymous