A breast feeding baby doll????

Does anyone else agree that this is a horrible idea?

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/Breastfeeding_Baby_Doll_Does_New_Toy_Cross_the_Line_119020944.html

Miss_Behavin

Asked by Miss_Behavin at 8:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh come on. Not a big deal at all..a little sweet even
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 8:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think this has been posted to death lately lol. I don't see why it's any worse than a kid pretending to breast feed a doll, or baby dolls that come with bottles. My only issue with it has been the price. Last time I checked, it was pricey.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• nothing wrong with that. if it was a blowjob doll it would be an issue. i breast fed my barbies when i was 3 and my mom freaked out and she threw the dolls away!!!!! when a kid is breastfeeding a doll it is nothing sexual...their baby is hungry that's it. innocence..
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's rather odd, and relieved that since I have boys that's not an item they'll be playing with or ever request!! :o)

What's next, a menstruating doll!??!?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's a bit much to have a doll that has accessories FOR that purpose-especially when they can use any doll...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• nothing wrong with it
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 8:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Personally, I think it's a better idea than a baby doll with a bottle! I wish my daughter was old enough for one. My boys see mom nursing the baby, so it's normal to them. But she's the final child (had a tubal) so she won't have that same exposure. A doll like this will allow her to accept breastfeeding as a norm rather than something that is questionable.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's bizarre that people feel the need for a doll that breastfeeds. Wouldn't it be easier and much cheaper to talk to them about it and expose them to it in other ways. Like when I was younger I did try to breastfeed my dolls because my mother told me that that was how I was fed as a baby.
    So I guess what I'm getting at is this doll is horribly expense and doesn't seem to even teach what it's supposed to. I mean real breastfeeding doesn't involve strange tops and I baby doesn't magically start eating from getting close to your nipples.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 10:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• ugh... a child doesnt NEEEEED a toy to breastfeed!
    - You get ANY doll..
    - You put doll to chest (with shirt on/raised shirt/put baby under shirt)

I think its great a child would "BF" .... But its usually ONLY because they seen (usually) mom breastfeeding..
    But i dont think kids who seen nothing but bottles in their life understand why we have boobs.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• lol.. y the down vote! i hate not knowing!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011