Hey she picked it out not me ((pics*)

so my 8 year old is turning 9 in two weeks shes having a dinner party the day of her birthday and i asked her what she wanted to wear she said a dress so we were looking online for a dress and we came across this one:

Photobucket

she told me this is the one she wanted..to me its cute not ugly at all and if she does wear it i was going to straightening her hair and then put some curls in it..but i guess my problem is dressing a soon to be 9 year old to grown i i mean i would never dress my daughters skanky but what i might think is cute probably might be considered inappropriate so what doe you think of this dress? is it to much for someone who is turning 9?

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 8:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think for a party dress it's fine. As long as you aren't planning on putting her in 3 layers of make up and high heels... It's cute. Very Shirley Temple.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• You asked her what she wanted, she wants that dress. It's not like you're forcing her to wear it. It's a cute dress btw.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• its cute can always get a shawl to put over the shoulders
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 8:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i love it!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think so. As soon as I saw the dress I thought of the show where moms put there daughters in beauty pageants. Can't remember the name. But I agree, it is a beautiful dress. Maybe when she goes to the prom :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's cute, but a little much if you aren't doing something REALLY fancy, or having a dress up party. I would put tights under it, or leggings to tone down the fanciness, but that's just me.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks mommas i was just trying to make sure it wasnt too grown @But_Mommie lol noo no High heels maybe a little flat one or some really cute sandals but what color shoes would you do?silver or white?
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• silver shoes with red dress. it is a very cute dress and it is not too revealing. you should get it. she will be the belle of the ball.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think it's cute, especially for a party dress. If that flower near the shoulder comes off, you could always add a white cardigan or something.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would do white tights with black Patton Mary Janes.
    Anonymous