How long do you continue to tuck in and read your child a story?

neubren3

Asked by neubren3 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• FOREVER !!!!!! My Mom get very sick when I was young and was in a nursing home after I turned 8 so I never had that after that date. But my grandma always did and she even tucked me into bed the night before I got married and I never forget the love I always felt when she did and she kissed me goodnight...I sure miss her and those special things she did. So I think you should do it as long and as much as you can :-)
    LillyMommy

Answer by LillyMommy at 9:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I did it as long as they let me! LOL! Last year my 22 year old briefly moved in for a month, I still kissed her Good Night every night...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son loves this... he's three. I wish I could tuck him in and read him stories every night... but getting to do so is very rare. :(
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I still read to my 11 year old twins and tuck them in every night:) They love it and so do I!
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I will continue to tuck her in and sing to her and tell her stories for as long as she asks me to. (she's 4 now) Heck, I'm 30, and I still kiss my parents goodnight when I'm sleeping at their house.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm 23, pregnant & out of a very bad abusive relationship, moved back in w Mom. She comes to my room & reads me bible scriptures, kisses me & tells me good night. Gives me strength to rebuild my life for me & my baby.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I still read and tuck in my 9 and 11 year olds. I will continue to as long as they let me.

Answer by missanc at 10:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• As long as they let me
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 8:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I never got into that habit. I'm so exhausted by bedtime I'm barely able to see straight let alone read a book and with 5 kids there's no way to read to all of them at one time. It just ends in people crying, throwing tantrums and getting all worked up. They never go to sleep after either. They all just get out of bed and start playing (s o no tucking in either). It's just not something we do in our house. I don't remember my parents tucking me in past the age of 6 or 7. They would just poke their head in and say good night and then turn out the lights.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011