My bff is getting married but I feel like she is only getting married because I did.

I got married last year and me and DH were together for 4 yrs she's been with this guy for only a year. She didn't discuss marriage until after me and DH got married like its a competition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I hope she loves him. Marriage is not easy.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• How do you know that's accurate? I knew my husband for a year and we got married. Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it far fetched that someone would make such a huge commitment all to be like you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I was with my husband eight months before we got married. Don't you think you are over reacting about this? Maybe she is happy... did that ever occur to you?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have friends like that for instance One of my friends is 26wks pregnant, I'm about to be 15wks, and my Friend K has a sister who is 13wks pregnant and K convinced herself that she was pregnant even after taking 9 pregnancy test at home, and two with one being a blood test at the doc all being negative...she even started taking belly pics of her pregnancy.... she has gotten it in her head now that she isn't pregnant, but now she is off meeting diffferent guys in hopes to become pregnant... some ppl just want something so bad, or don't want to feel left out so they do well stupid things
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 9:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If she's looking at it like a competition she's already lost because you are already married.

But honestly the whole thing sounds juvenile. If you really are BFFs then you love and support each other regardless. You should be wishing her well and being happy for her instead of thinking this kind of stuff.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i just am going through this with my cousin. I got engaged after my husband and I had our son, the next thing i knew she was begging her Boyfriend to get her a promise ring, then My husband and I got married, and she got engaged on thanksgiving. Now her boyfriend and her broke up, I think it is a jealousy thing with my cousin though since we are 18months apart.
    But as far as your BFF it could be jealousy, she could be happy, or this is something else she is not telling u like she may be prego (not saying she is)
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Everytime me and DH do something her and her fiancé have to try and do it too. Her fiancé joined a singles website and she asked him to delete his account and he got extremely angry and said he will NEVER delete it! He has 1,000 girls on his list and I have thos feeling he has been cheated on her with this one girl because on Valentine's Day of last year the other girl showed up at hise house sayin' she was ready for their date and my bff was there AND her fiancé had a girl at his house and refused to tell her who she was and he hung up on her when she demanded that he tell her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• girls can be like that, girls get very jealous when they r not center of attention
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• well whatever you may say might go in one ear and out the other or and she might feel that you are attacking her or even jealous of her....she needs to face the choices she makes and fall on her face to learn cuz nothing you say will she hear you out...she is in a mission and all you can do is try to support her and he there when she does fall face first
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011