Do you clip your car key and other keys on a key chain on your jeans?

I saw this woman today, I 've seen others do it they clip their keys on their belt loop instead of putting them in their purse this woman was wearing a purse ,why do people do this,I must admit it looks pretty cool and makes you look like your really confident,like you don't worry if your keys will fall off the chain,no duh,I know they won't but they could ,no one really knows unless it's a really good brand but even good brands are made in china and I've bought good brands that broke on me but anywaysI know it's either for eye candy the woman is in a hurry and getting it out of her purse is so much slower than just clipping them off your pants,what do you think?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 9:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I always clip it on my belt loop, not for a fashion statement. I tend to lose everything in my purse and its a small purse. With kids or groceries its an easy access to unclip instead of taking time and fumbling around for them.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 9:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It looks awful and it is awful when they are walking and you can here the keys making noise. DH always has his keys on his belt loop...IT IS SO ANNOYING!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• clip on the belt loop and put in the pocket. almost impossible for someone to nick them without you knowing.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Funny story. I used to do this, but I would clip them to the back of my jeans. One night I was leaving somewhere in Downtown, and I had to walk through an alley to get to my car. I was pretty freaked out about it, and I heard this jingling behind me, so I panicked and starting running (in 4 inch heels) like a mad woman to my car, and I as I was running, it got louder, sounded like someone was running and chasing me. I'm pretty sure you figured out it was my own keys hitting my butt as I was walking/running. I felt like such an idiot! And I almost tripped and fell numerous times and scuffed up my heels. Soooo yeah, I don't do that anymore. lol
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My car/house keys, go in my pocket (I don't carry a purse). My work keys are on my belt loop, I need instant access to them - digging in my pocket for them takes too long. I don't wear them all day though, just while I'm working, and in the grocery store if I forget to leave them in my van.
    Anonymous

• This one woman today was wearing jeans and she looked relaxed, I doubt she worked today but even on the wekends she must be in a habit of doing this,on her it looked good,it made her look confident-like I don't care if my car key falls off.I think certain personalities wears this to them they aren't bothered by it,to them it maybe very comforting to them.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I can see very busy people do this..
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I used to do it. I would carry my ID, driver's license, and debit card in my pocket and clip my keys onto my pants... Until I had kids, then I stuck it all in the diaper bag. lol. But I'm not much of a purse person, and I didn't see the point of lugging a bunch of crap around instead of just carrying a little. Plus, it's a lot easier to get to your keys than a purse (you don't have to search the purse for them).

I will admit, though, I'm a country girl, and sort of a tomboy, so I never really cared how it looked to other people.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011