What can i give my son who just started getting seasonal allergies?

He's only 2 and I'm not sure if there is anyting over the counter i can give him...

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 9:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They do have children's and toddlers allergy medicine. If you have a walgreens near you, you could talk to the pharmacist. They are very good at helping you find what you are looking for in an over the counter medicine or if there is a prescription one that would be better you know what to ask your dr about. Hope this helps.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 9:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• u can try bee polen probably have to get it a a natural store but it works wonders without any side effects, but cleartin is for 2 and up
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• take him to his pediatric my kids get prescribed meds for the allergies when needed....
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• They gave my daughter Loratidine (Claritin) when she was 2. I would see your doctor and go from there.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 10:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If he's 2, both Claritin & Zyrtec are fine - but talk to the doctor first, just to see which might be better - then they can also put it in his chart so they know he's on something & what he's on.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I'd get the okay from the doc first. Give them a call, they can probably answer the question over the phone.
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 12:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• it would be best for the doctor to look at him or her first and ask for them to help suggest something
    1Kira1

Answer by 1Kira1 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my daughter has allergies and she is 2 the doctor told use to give her childrens clariton its grape chewables and she loves them
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Children's Benadryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec are all age-appropriate options, and all available in generic store brand. Benadryl can be given every 4-6 hours (and remember the drowsiness side effect), Claritin and Zyrtec are all-day meds. Zyrtec works best for my son (and me). Call your pedi to ask about dosage.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Children's claritin, it's ment for children 2 and up. Thats what I give DD.
    katieclaude

Answer by katieclaude at 8:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011