Any ideas on home made Christmas decorations?

I took my sons and my little god daughter out to the park a few days ago and we collected pine cones with which we are going to make garland with. The kids are so jazzed I thought why not make more decorations? Problem is I can't think of any? Help me out! Please!

hibicent

Asked by hibicent at 11:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can string popcorn for garland, make sugar cookies in christmas shapes then take powdered sugar and a tiny bit of water and food coloring to make paint for the cookies and let them pain them then string them for ornaments on the tree.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• We just made pinecone ornaments. Paint them white and sprinkle them with glitter (so they look snow covered). They're SO pretty on the tree!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Look up the recipe for cinnamon applesauce ornaments. you can make ornaments, place card settings or package tags with them. They smell great for months and you can paint them with fabric paint and their super cute!!!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My kids like to spread peanut butter on them and roll the pinecones in birdseed....then hang. We put up a small tree off our back deck for the critters to enjoy a holiday feast. Birds and squirrels LOVE them!
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 9:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• we used to cut strips of paper and then make like circles out of them and then link them together to make garlands. u could have them do handprints in paint and write their names and christmas 2008 and hang them and save them, thats all i can think of. the pine cone thing is really cute like with glitter
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008