Home made Christmas decorations?

I took my sons and my little god daughter out to the park a few days ago and we collected pine cones with which we are going to make garland with. The kids are so jazzed I thought why not make more decorations? Problem is I can't think of any? Help me out! Please!
Just to make sure I reached as many moms as possible, I have posted this in hobbies as well. Thanks in advance!

hibicent

Asked by hibicent at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Holidays

• Use glue and glitter on the tips and ends of the pine cones. Or pain them green like X-mas trees than use sposts of paint or colored glitter to make tiny ornaments on them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My MIL made Christmas ornaments with my kids one year, she went to Michael's and bought a bunch of styrafoam balls and we glued ribbon and glitter on them, the kids had a lot of fun.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• popcorn and cranberries strung together for garland, the craft store has lots of things you can use to make ornaments
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 10:56 AM on Dec. 1, 2008