uhhg.. family..

so as we all know thanksgiving was what two days ago.. well todays my sons birthday, so i get a call from my mother yesterday telling me that they were coming today.. thing is i just saw them.. i dont want to see nobody! uhhg. how do i tell my mother no without being rude or making her feel bad?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I say deal with her coming not everyone is lucky enough to have Grandma coming for their birthday. I would give anything to have My son's Grandma to come for his first birthday. But that's not going to happen. Just be happy that your son has a Grandma and she wants to see him on his birthday. Not everyone is that lucky.
    Anonymous

• you should be happy your mom wants to see your son for his bday. some grandparents want nothing to do with thier grandchildren
    Anonymous

• My thought was the same as anon. She isn't coming to see you, she is coming to see your son. After you tell her she can't come are you going to tell your son that you told her not to come so he knows why his grandma didn't visit on his birthday. We saw our family on Thursday. I saw my mom and mil yesterday. Yesterday was my son's birthday. Today we are having his birthday party. The day is about him not about me not wanting to be busy or seeing people.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. You'll do fine! Let grandma see her grandson, make her happy, and then be unavailable for a while, like until Christmas, so you can get a break from people.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• If your son doesn't care either way, just let her know you're just gonna do a quiet mommy and daddy only bday.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i dont know either way their coming.. now i was told "MAKE SURE THE HOUSE IS CLEAN!" WELL its my house right?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Wow. Whats so wrong with your mother that you don't want her around? From the sounds of your post it sounds like it SHOULD be the other way around.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008