Holy cow

Talk about bad feelings in my house, husband is yelling at my son that he isnt going into our room to watch tv. I told my son he shouldnt be in our room its dads rules,then my son asks for the remote and my husbands jumped all over my sons butt then my son told him to shut his fing mouth. Does your husband yell and swear at the kids? My son keeps threating to punch him in the face,and he shouldnt do that. How do I get him to respect his dad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• you're going to discipline your son for disrespecting his father, yet his father was disrespecting him as well. Telling a child of any age to shut there ''fing mouth'' is unacceptable! yet alone, yelling at him.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If your husband yells at your son quiet a lot it will be a hard task to get your son to respect your husband because if your husband doesn't respect your son enough to stop yelling at him , your son will never respect him.
    sweetGmomma

Answer by sweetGmomma at 10:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Kids should always respect their parents. and he should be in trouble over his mouth... BUT Id give the dad a very long talking over how NO-ONE will treat my child that way!
    (if my dh ever thought of doing that. I would have immediatly brought my dh to another room (or told son to go to his room until i go in there to talk to him) and would have simply explained DHs mouth better change.. then id go to ds room & ground him from whatever & let him know we wont have any more talking like that between anyone.. anymore! We are a FAMILY! And family does not disrespect each other like that!)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The dad has to show respect in order to teach and get it back!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have all girls, and my husband drops the F-bomb on them ALL THE TIME, and I can't stand it!! On the other hand, if that's the worse I have to worry about, and that's his way of venting anger, I'm not gonna complain....
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My husband use to be this way and neither of my boys respect him. Respect is earned and unfortunately punishing a child for not respecting someone that is disrespecting them will only cause resentment and anger. Your husband needs to change the way he talks to your son, unfortunately you can't fix this relationship, your husband needs to.
    I've told my husband over and over again all he's doing is pushing away his boys, he didn't believe me until our counselor told him the same thing. Your son needs to understand that his father loves him and cares about him, but your husband also needs to show this. Since my husband has changed his behavior the house has been a lot different, my boys enjoy spending time with him now.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Kids have to be taught how to respect themselves and others. If you are not treating your children with the same respect you want them to show you, then they are not going to give it to you. Plain and simple. And if they see either parent treating the other with disrespect they are most likely going to treat that parent the same way. You can't just talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. Our kids are paying attention to everything we say & do, we need to remember that.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 2:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• they need to talk to each other and yes both must listen to what the other is saying my hubby gets along with 2 of my kids the other 3
    he does care one way or other about them i feel sorry for him i get along with all my kids
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yelling breeds yelling, lack of respect breeds lack of respect.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 7:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• woah... your son is swearing at his dad???? Ok dad NEEDS to go alpha male on his butt. I think that your hubs has every right and responsiblity to put the boy in his place (that doesnt mean to cuss back) but that is WAY out of control!
    Anonymous