this is probably a stupid question

okay my question is, is there anything that i can do to make my baby gain weight faster, or help the lungs? i am 32 weeks and i went to the hospital last night with contractions coming about every 2 min. they gave me some meds that didnt work so then they gave me some other kind that did. i was only having irregular con. when i they let me go this morning and i was only 2 cm dialated. he didnt give me anthing else to help, he just let me go. i am now at home and the contractions are back not every 2 min (at least i hope not) but i am still having them. my first two preg. we both preterm but iwas able to hold on till 34 weeks, but none of the meds they gave me would stay working which is how this is looking. i am really scared that i am going to have this baby really soon and i know there is plenty the nicu can do, but i am still worried. please help. if there is anything that yall would know plese write.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 12:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had to be on steroids for a week during my 3rd trimester. That helps with their lungs and their weight. My son would have been under 6 lbs if I hadn't taken them He came out exactly 6lbs.
    Anonymous

• I haven't had this, but a close friend of mine did. The first biggest thing is to relax! I would say to close your eyes and imagine your wonderful beautiful baby nice and healthy. The mind has so much contol over the rest of our bodies!! Your little one needs you to calm down. Get and take all the help you can with your other child(ren). Rest and give your baby the rest it needs. I also know that there have been many babies born as early as 24 weeks that make it. Take it one hour at a time, one minute at a time....Take care, mamma. God bless you!

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008