Which is better LCD or Plasma T.V.s?

I am looking to get a new T.V. and have heard that plasmas go out really fast. So I am wondering which ones are really the best.

Shawndra_c

Asked by Shawndra_c at 12:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Entertainment

• The general consensus is that plasmas wear out or break down more than LCDs.
    Anonymous

• I don't even know what kind I have, LOL! It's flat!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• lcds my husband says lol 1080p full hd tv are the best!
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 5:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Here's a good site for your question. It covers basically all you need to know. I, myself, will not buy a plasma...LCD is a better choice for me.

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035250,240036500,00.htm
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• When my husband and I were looking to buy a HDTV, the gentleman @ Best Buy informed us that plasmas don't last as long as LCD's or even DLP's. It also depends on whether or not you will be running a bunch of game systems on the TV. We purchased a DLP and have been very satisfied with the TV.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Not plasma.If you have kids and they touch it it can leave the marks...so if they put their hand on it you will have a permanent handprint on it.LCD are the best....not sure about DLP but I would ask about them
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 11:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• lcd..you can see better and clearer
    hmp1

Answer by hmp1 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• We bought a sony bravia LCD HDTV I like the LCDs better because you don't have the glare on the screen if you have alot of windows.. the guy at HH gregg showed us that it was our determining factor!!
    akbogan

Answer by akbogan at 12:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008