Hey everyone! well my question is the last week of birth control pills that are a different color is it ok not to take them? i also should be getting my period next week sometime and i want to get pregnant! how long do u think it will take me this will be child number 4?

jonathanmom224

Asked by jonathanmom224 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It can take up to a year to get pregnant after coming off of hormonal BC.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• well my 1 first child was easy because i wasnt on anything, my second took me 8 months and my 3rd took me 5 months so i dont know!! But also my question is do i have to finsih the whole pack of bc bills or i can leave he last week alone? the sugar pills
    jonathanmom224

Comment by jonathanmom224 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I don't believe you wuld have to take them if they just the sugar pill so to speak. Just don't get to down on yourself if it does not happen right away, for some women it take a bit for your hormone to regulate. Good luck
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I never take the sugar pills. I know one of my doctors told me I didn't have too. I got pregnant with DD the month after going off the pill. It's different for everyone.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks so much everyone!!! i also have 1 more question i have 2 sets of fraternal twins in my family do u think its possible after 3 pregnancys i would have twins? honestly im happy with whatever god gives me but just want 1 more lol what do u think?
    jonathanmom224

Comment by jonathanmom224 (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The only kind of twins that has a genetic component is fraternal but only if the family member is a blood relation to you. My brother produced fraternal twins w/ his wife but since she is not genetically related to me, it means nothing as far as my chances go. Fraternal twins are two eggs being released & that is genetic. People have a lot of misconceptions about twins in general.
    Anonymous

• thanks
    jonathanmom224

Comment by jonathanmom224 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• congrats on trying for baby number 4...i have 4 boys and got pregnant with an IUD in with my 4th baby. He is almost a yr old now and i am so happy he came along. I was planning on stopping at 3 because i have one son who was born with Down Syndrome, but i am blessed with 4. Good Luck!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Age & # of pregnancies also play a factor in twins. I don't remember the specifics but you might look it up.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• They ate just for helping you remember when to start the next pack and you don't have to take them.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2011