Christmas Help? Have a favorite?

Ive been helped by many different orgs. over the years. Out of all of them my favorite was through my township trustees office who did their own angel tree program. My oldest daughter was 5 at the time, and later on I found out her tag was on the big tree at the mall.

I picked up a total of over 60 gifts (yes 60) from that tag alone. She received numerous outfits, shoes, coats, socks, underwear, and toys, and gift cards. I didnt ask for stereos tvs, or video games..just clothes. It was the most memorable experience to this date. I cried and cried seeing all that was under the tree. I never expected such a response. Probably unheard of, but it did happen to us! :-)

I know there are a lot of nifty programs out there and Id like to hear about them.

Please, this is not a forum to get into politics or finger pointing.

lilmizmoore

Asked by lilmizmoore at 12:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Holidays

• That is so great! I can't even imagine that feeling!

I've never needed to use this type of thing yet, hopefully we wont have to but you just don't know until it happens! I don't know much about them either, just that I see the salvation army trees up at the mall with things hanging that kids would like to have or need.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Here is the deal with these organizations. I don't do them. I will help out a local family that I know of, or even a member of my own family. But, I know far too many people locally who need help.
    Anonymous