Vasectomy....

My husband and I want him to get a vasectomy we have 3 children age almost 1,2,3 and one on the way we have been told that he is too young (he is 21) we live in PA does anyone know if this is a law? any info on it would be helpful. Thanks.

CrazyMommy87

Asked by CrazyMommy87 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• I had a tubal ligation at age 21 and I only have 2 kids. You shouldn't have a problem getting it done.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If he doesn't get one, then ask your dr. about you getting a tubal ligation....that she be NO PROBLEM, being that you will have 4 kids under the age of 25!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• no after you have two kids most docs. say you are good to go... but you might hae to get a different doc. some feel uncomfrontable doing it on ppl so young! i would keep on pushing the issue they have to know this is 100 % what you want and dont drop it keep pushing
    miaB.20

Answer by miaB.20 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• well some states go off of how many kids you have or how old you are depending on how many children you have they could do it earlier
    nicolia

Answer by nicolia at 10:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Funny thing I'm afraid to get a tubal because I don't want to get cut open! The most hospital experience I've had is giving birth and I've always had vaginal deliveries that's why hubby volunteered! (yay me!)
    CrazyMommy87

Comment by CrazyMommy87 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would never put a man through this :( I've met some that have and they're never the same since the procedure they are changed nonsexual sad lifeless people. I plan on getting an IUD soon because i have had such difficulties I think I may just stick to having one kid and am waiting at least 5 years before considering a decision IF I should have another ironically we both wanted a son and now we have one, there may not be any more but he won't be spoiled-just homeschooled by parents with considerable college level education between the two of us :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 11:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I tried an IUD that's how I ended up with 3 lol. birth control doesn't agree with me my body literary spit it out! I'm never able to remember to take pills and I can't have anything with hormones.
    CrazyMommy87

Comment by CrazyMommy87 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011