I went shopping today and i saw this wonderful baby bed that converts are those safe for my baby?

nicolia

Asked by nicolia at 11:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Drop-sides are not, & they have been recalled. The ones now are fine
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• What kind of bed was it ? If it was a convertable crib both of my kids had one and we had no problems with it, my nephew is currently sleeping in it with no problems after going through both of mine.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son also has a convertable crib. I think they are safe and I haven't heard anything otherwise. Not to mention converting from a crib to a toddler bed to a full size is convenient and awesome.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 11:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• They are great but just don't get the one that has the changing table attached to it...Later they turn into an attached nightstand.

The are a great tool for a child to use to climb in and out of the crib...too much of a safety risk for me.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Edwinsmommy- drop sides have been recalled?! Good to know...I own a drop side. Guess I will be buying a new crib for the new baby.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Drop sides have been recalled, but not everywhere. I disagree with the recall, as it was user error that caused problems. If you use a drop side correctly, you will be fine. A convertible crib is also fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Convertible crib is great to use. They do not just save you the extra expense for a toddler bed that you will have to take later on, but are also a convenient way of getting to use them subsequently for another kid. My sister in law bought the Chelsea Convertible Crib from aBaby.com and she simply loved it.

isa_edwards

Answer by isa_edwards at 5:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011