Would you let your 6 year old watch...

the movie Jackass 3? Just curious. I watched the first one years ago when it first came out, and there is no way I would even let my 12 year old watch that one. I didn't watch 2 or 3 because i found them very disturbing. Went to my friends house today and he had her 6 year old watching it, said he had already watched it at least three times. He showed me his favorite parts and I was just really surprised. Feel free to answer anon, but honestly do you think its appropriate? She thought it was funny.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That parent needs to have their head examined.

My biggest disgust is parents who let their children view inappropriate content, whether it is film or TV. This is something that is not confined to the walls of their own homes. It affects the other children in the classroom because they will then share the content, often boasting what they have heard or seen, and ultimately it affects our society as a whole. And then we sit around and scratch our heads and wonder what is wrong with children and society's lack of values today....can you tell this hit a nerve? LOL

I just hate it when parents ignore the ratings or are negligent about what they allow their child to take in on the screens. To me it is lazy, negligent parenting and I would even go as far in some cases to call it abusive.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Not in this lifetime thanks :P
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• All I can say is you learn a lot about parents when you see what their kids do ..... (And my answer falls in line with Jademom)
    4EqltyMom

Answer by 4EqltyMom at 11:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• NO !!!!, my hubby loves it but it is in the " not for kids pile ".
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Hell NO!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• my son saw the previews and wants to see it so bad but i hate those movies not my types...i say no way my husband keeps bitching about letting him be a man...my son is only 9yrs old so i don't think so...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 11:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No

My daughter is 17 and I don't want her watching it either-
    There is no way I would let a kid see it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No way!!

No offense, but your friend is nuts! Never mind the cursing & sexual references, but kids are almost without exception going to attempt to copy some of the stunts.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No way in hell!

SO let's SS watch and I'm not sure that I agree but they also watch South Park.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• God, no! I still cringe everytime my 6-yr. old puts on "Big Daddy" and that movie is HARMLESS compared to Jackass!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011