9 weeks postpartum and still not interest in sex :( adult content

My LO was born 9 weeks ago. After the six weeks of waiting before intercourse, my husband and I finally had sex for the first time. It was okay, but not as "hot" as it was before and during my pregnancy. Now, I am never in the mood to do anything intimate! Sometimes I don't even want to kiss or cuddle :( I feel so bad because my husband is very affectionate, and has been so patient with the sex thing - but recently he has been very horny and keeps asking me if I am in the mood, when I am not. What should I do... should I just do it so that he is satisfied even though I don't feel like it? When will my hormones go back to normal so I am in the mood again!? I HATE THIS!

bentleysmommy11

Asked by bentleysmommy11 at 11:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• You may be 'out or wack' for quite sometime afterward, especially if you are nursing (all your lovey-dovey hormones go to baby). This doesn't mean that you & hubby cannot still have emotional intimacy. Let him know that you're still trying to get back to normal, & try some good old fashioned cuddling...it may just take you longer (read:foreplay) to get back 'on your game'.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 11:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 17 months post partum and still not interested in sex.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Don't feel bad. With 3 of my pregnancies I loved sex during and after, my last kid I couldn't stand it during pregnancy and it took me up to a yr afterwards to want it. It will come back, it just takes time and patience. We spent a lot of time just cuddling and doing special things for each other since the sexual side of things wasn't there.

Hope things get better for you!
    bingogurl

Answer by bingogurl at 11:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I know my husband understands, I just wish I was in the mood to at least satisfy him... sadly, I ALMOST feel disgusted thinking about it :(
    bentleysmommy11

Comment by bentleysmommy11 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well if you think about it, you just had a baby, you are trying to get into the swing of things, you are sleep deprived, and that can be stressful and can make you not want to have sex. Your hormones are probably still trying to get back to "normal" having a baby takes a huge toll on your body and it takes a while for it to kick back into gear. Give it some time and just explain to your hubby what is going on and that it isn't personal in anyway.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Nine weeks postpartum, it would be surprising for you to feel any other way. Things will change... and generally do when you stop looking for it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• From your description of how you feel, this could very well be the result of a nutritional deficiency. This is quite common, more than 75% of Americans are nutritionally deficient in one or more ways and the highest-risk group is post-childbirth women. The same vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that regulate the nervous and vascular systems and the production of the stress hormone cortisol also regulate sex drive and sexual response, and when the body is under stress (such as 9 weeks after childbirth) the body will choose the stress response over the sexual response. Increasing food sources of zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin C, choline, inositol, arginine and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids should help this problem in 4-8 weeks of consistent increased intake, along with stress management techniques such as prayer, mediation and exercise. PM me for more information if you'd like.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2011